Most people who ask me for help have tried to get organised before. It might have been through books, TV shows, courses or help from family and friends.
I am not a great believer in ‘self-help books’. They are mostly from America and let’s face it, over the big ditch, there is a completely di
fferent lifestyle to here in Australia. Does any Aussie really have a basement and a TV in the kitchen?
Books can give good advice but are not tailored to your situation. TV shows do the same, although they can sometimes get people going and motivated.
Friends and family… you love them too much to take their advice with the necessary distance. They love you too much to be honest and constructive. Friends and family can also be judgemental and make you feel ashamed of your living arrangement.
Here is what is different when you work with a professional organiser:
- A PO studies systems for a living. We don’t know just one system or ‘our system’ – we know many. And we assess the situations, the personalities, and know when to suggest each of them.
- We are not intimidated or overwhelmed by the volume of ‘stuff’, nor the size of the project. We have the tools and resources to get the job done – with your dignity well and truly intact.
- We do not pass judgement. At all – never
- We are objective. This is a high value characteristic. We do not have the weight of emotion holding us down.
- We are there for YOU. We have no hidden agendas. We are the client advocate first and foremost. We’re there with your wellbeing in mind and nothing else.
- We organise people, not things. We deal with you and what’s going on in your life or could be holding you back. Your stuff gets organised as a result of that.
- We keep time and we project manage you through a session, so you do not lose track and do achieve your goals.
- We keep you accountable. Accountable to the booked timeframe and also by charging for our services. You will not want to waste your time when working with a PO.
- Because we do this all the time, we are up to date with current recycling, safe disposal, donation and passing on options. We know what sells where and for how much and when it might be a better idea to pass something on for free.
- Professional Organisers are connected to each other, so if LessMess is not the right fit for you, we can help you find that perfect Organiser you trust!
- We can bring in extra help like PO assistants, removalists, labourers, handyman and project manage the pick-up of a skip or the cleaning of your nicely decluttered home.
Are you ready to get organised?
In the end it is you who must be ready, willing and trusting to hire a PO and start your journey to a better life with less mess.
But once you decided to engage the help of a PO, you can hold us accountable to be there with you all the way with integrity, compassion and a great outcome for you in mind.