1. Why do people hire you? What leads them to decide they need the help of a professional organiser? Most of my clients have tried various self help methods through books, TV shows or seminars. But getting organised needs personalised solutions which are mostly not available through books. A solution that’s right for someone in America doesn’t necessarily work for a client in Australia.
2. Do you de clutter just people’s homes, or do you de clutter businesses, too? I do de clutter both. Family homes, small offices and a lot of home based businesses.
3. What are the main areas where people need help de cluttering? There is no common “worst area”. And it doesn’t really matter where you start; it has to fit the situation. The most important thing is to start and not to fret about where and when.
4. What are some of the issues holding people back from de cluttering themselves? They don’t have the motivation to start and/ or they don’t have the know how.
5. What are some ways that people can keep on top of clutter and not let it get out of hand? Accept that being organised takes time and commitment. Have a time plan and routine and stick to it. I tell my clients that they should do a 5 min organising job per day or ½ hour every three days! For the rest of their lives!!!
6. What’s a tip that you give to people over and over again? Don’t walk through your house empty handed – there is always something to tidy away
7. And finally, is your own home in need of de cluttering? Yes, I believe everybody benefits from help, motivation and new solutions – including Professional Organiser